Orlando, FL (PressExposure) August 20, 2011 -- SERDI has been awarded a contract under the GSA's "Streamlined Technology Acquisition Resources for Services II (STARS II)"program. STARS II is an Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract for technology solutions designed to promote small business for small business. 8(a) STARS II is a multiple-award, indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) Contract engineered to provide cuttingedge technology solutions from award winning 8(a) small businesses to federal agencies.
The scope of the 8(a) STARS II Government wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) is centered on four functional areas (FAs), derived from the North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS). The contract offers simple to complex IT service solutions such as: IT help desk support, information assurance, cybersecurity, virtualization, IPV6, Web 2.0, and more. SERDI award consisted of constellations and Functional areas: Constellation 1- FA1, Constellation 1- FA2, Constellation 1- FA3 and Constellation 1- FA4.
8(a) STARS II Features & Benefits:
- A multiple-award, indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity contract vehicle
- A five-year base with one five-year option
- A $10 billion program ceiling
- No protests on orders under $10M, except on the grounds that the order increases the scope, period, or maximum value of the GWAC
- Directed Order Authority: Directed task orders up to $4 million each are allowed for federal civilian and Department of Defense activities.
- 8(a) socioeconomic credit transferrable to the agency
- Pre-competed, easy-to-use contract with streamlined ordering procedures based on FAR 16.505
- Access to proven 8(a) small business technology providers
- Shorten procurement lead time
- Access to exceptionally qualified 8(a) small business industry partners
- Contract types include: fixed price, labor hour, and time and material terms.
SERDI offers comprehensive Cyber Security and Information Technology Engineering Services. Our full suite of services includes strategic planning and business processes, development, training, and program management- providing expert advice on substantive and methodological issues. In addition, SERDI offers complete Information Assurance (IA) services including Certification and Accreditation (C&A), security audits, FISMA compliance, and much more.