Los Angeles, CA (PressExposure) June 26, 2013 -- Server Farm Realty Partners with DSA Encore to Expand Windstream's Nationwide Data Center Footprint
Server Farm Realty LLC (SFR), one of the nation's most innovative data center developers, has partnered with DSA Encore, the nation's leading provider of data center solutions, to build a rack-ready data center facility for Windstream Hosted Solutions, one of the nation's premier providers of enterprise-class managed hosted solutions. Design and construction are already underway for the 60,850 sq. ft., 10 MW facility scheduled to open in late 2013.
The new data center will be Windstream's fourth Charlotte facility and seventh data center in North Carolina. It features data center space divided into multiple 10,000-square-foot data center suites leased by Windstream. Equipped to house Windstream's comprehensive suite of cloud computing, dedicated hardware, managed services and disaster recovery as a service, the Windstream facility boasts:
- 2N modular design for as-needed, seamless capacity expansion;
3000kVA of day 1 utility capacity easily expanded to over 12MVA;
- true A- and B-side power distribution via fully redundant 2N critical infrastructure;
- 1215kW of day 1 usable UPS capacity expandable to over 3600kW; - high-efficiency chillers with 450 tons of 2N day 1 cooling capacity expandable to 1350 tons;
- state-of-the-art fire suppression, including FM200, Dry-Pipe (double interlock pre-action fire suppression) and VESDA early detection systems;
- high-capacity, burstable and carrier-neutral Internet connectivity via multiple Tier I Internet providers;
- on-site Network Operations Centers (NOCs), fully-staffed 24x7x365 to provide network monitoring, security, technical and remote-hands support;
- access to multi-tenant infrastructure, such as Enterprise Cloud, EMC and NetApp SAN/NAS, F5
- GTM/LTM platforms, as well as Cisco and Juniper network and security platforms; and conference rooms, office space, and various other customer support areas.
"Many of our customers have already realized the benefits of integrated, personalized solutions from Windstream Hosted Solutions, and demand for those services continues to increase significantly year over year," said Chris Nicolini, Senior Vice President of Data Center Operations for Windstream Hosted Solutions. "This newest data center represents our commitment to providing customers with the highest level of services and reliability in order to meet the changing needs of their businesses."
"Built to suit Windstream's unique specifications, the Charlotte facility epitomizes SFR's commitment to innovative, efficient, and flexible data center design," says Avner Papouchado, CEO of Server Farm Realty. "Our success in developing the Charlotte data center demonstrates an ability to serve the critical connectivity, colocation, and overall data center needs of enterprise organizations such as those served by Windstream, in turn enabling them to reciprocate that same superior service and success onto their customers."
For more information about Server Farm Realty, its data centers in Santa Clara, CA; Chicago, IL; Moses Lake, WA; Toronto, ON; and Charlotte, NC, as well as its build-to-suit, custom data center solutions, visit http://www.serverfarmrealty.com.