Laguna Beach, CA (PressExposure) February 02, 2009 -- Sexual Harassment Training is a cost saving to companies who face potential lawsuits for inappropriate sexual harassment work. A recent poll conducted by Louis Harris found that 31% of the female workers claimed to have been harassed at work. 43% said were harassed by a supervisor. Lawsuits resulting from sexual harassment can result in companies paying millions of dollars in legal fees and victim compensation as well as very negative press. SexualHarassmentClass.com is a world-class, purely Internet based solution to training employees and supervisors on how to both identify and prevent sexual harassment.
"Sending an employee to an outside program can have challenges, such as lost wages and productivelyâ, says Dr. Novick, âwe have designed a state of the art sexual harassment training program that can be taken from any Internet-based computer to create a unique and rewarding distance learning experience". He adds, âparticipants do not have to take time away from work, as the courses are designed to be self-pacedâ, says Dr. Novick.
For employers, this means you can have as few as one employee and up to thousands take the program simultaneously, if needed, or over several weeks or months. Currently SexualHarassmentClass.com offers a two hour sexual harassment training program.
Why take a course through the SexualHarassmentClass.com website? Participants will be trained in a variety of necessary skills, including:
* Sensitize supervisors about discriminatory harassment and their critical role.
* Reinforce that supervisors are responsible for identifying and helping to prevent discriminatory harassment in the workplace.
* Encourage workplace respect and courtesy. Supervisors must act as role-models which will improve productivity
* Create a workplace environment where potential victims of discriminatory harassment can discuss their concerns without legal retaliation.
In addition, SexualHarassmentClass.com is a California AB-1825 compliant sexual harassment training program. This means that it meets the following criteria:
* Two hours long
* Effective and interactive
* Explain prohibitions against and the prevention and correction of sexual harassment
* Provide information and practical guidance to participants of the course
* Cover relevant federal and state laws
* Helps create a greater awareness for supervisors and employees so that they will be able to better understand the consequences of their actions
* Include practical examples to instruct supervisors in the prevention of workplace harassment, discrimination and retaliation; and describe remedies available to victims of sexual harassment.
* Obligate supervisors to identify potential problems and follow the discriminatory harassment policy
* Maintain effective communication emphasizing that an individualâs words may be received differently depending on the listener's perspective
SexualHarassmentClass.com is ideal for employees and supervisors. This new course is an ideal way to learn the skills identify and prevent sexual harassment in the workplace before itâs too late.
About the Author: Ari Novick, Ph.D. is founder of the AJ Novick Group. He is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and expert in the field of anger, stress management, and sexual harassment. Dr. Novick is also a corporate consultant and educator who has presented on-site corporate workshops and trainings to thousands of employees. To view his online sexual harassment training website visit http://www.sexualharassmentclass.com
Â© 2009 by Ari Novick, Ph.D.