, France Or Republique Francaise (PressExposure) September 30, 2011 -- September 29, 2011 -- Soft Xpansion has released the Document Transformer Library, a new software developer library for the design and optimization of printout. It offers functionality to optimize the design of printable documents and dynamic data. Moreover, the library enables users to create standardized layouts and printout templates.
The Document Transformer Library enhances the printing functionality of the application into which it has been included. With any program that uses the library, the presentation of printable contents (texts, images, spreadsheets and charts) will be more professional and more versatile. For example, (technical) drawings, reports, brochures or product manuals may be created according to the specific user requirements. Printouts can be further processed or created from new, be printed to paper, be saved as PDF, PDF/A or image files or be sent by e-mail.
TYPICAL APPLICATION AREAS The Document Transformer Library may be used to cover the following application areas in connection with the optimization of printout:
* Multiple pages on one sheet to save ink, toner and paper
* Maximum amount of pages on one sheet to save ink, toner and paper
* Poster printing: spread an image on multiple sheets, including gluing lines and crop marks
* Modify and print entire web pages and long spreadsheets
* Print brochures, booklets and user manuals "like a book"
* Standardized positioning of water marks, headers and footers
* Save ready-to print documents as PDF, PDF/A or image files
* Decorate PDF documents
* Create form letters and send them as PDF files
* Seven layout types: Rearrange Pages, Re-layout Pages, Album, Custom, Booklet, Poster and Multi-Section
* Multi-section layouts: create layouts that consist of multiple independent sections and design each section independently. This layout type offers additional, specific functionality
* Create layout templates: combine specific sets of layout settings in templates and apply them with just a few mouse clicks
* Create completely new documents from text or images, not only from source documents
* Import documents from scanner or webcam and redesign them
* Integration into Microsoft Office® (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and into Windows Explorer
* Use PDF files as design elements
* Save ready-to-print documents as PDF or PDF/A files
* Use "Text", "Rectangle" (Frame) and "Line" as design elements
* Use multiple decoration elements for foregrounds and backgrounds
* AutoText with boilerplate elements
* Runs on Windows 32- and 64-bit versions
A STANDARD PROGRAM: PERFECT PRINT 7 Perfect Print 7 (http://soft-xpansion.com/index.php?p=pdftech/pp7) is a standard program that has been developed by Soft Xpansion as well. It includes almost all features of the Document Transformer Library. Therefore, this program can be used to evaluate the functionality of the library in a finished commercial product. For the Perfect Print 7 products, a free test version (http://soft-xpansion.com/index.php?p=pdftech/pp7&sp=r∏=prof) is available for download.
Moreover, the Document Transformer Library and Perfect Print 7 may be dovetailed to work together: layouts that have been created in Perfect Print 7 may be used in the application that includes the functionality of the library.
AVAILABILITY, LICENSE TYPES AND PRICES The Document Transformer Library is available as of today. It may be ordered together with an Office License (allows to implement the library into applications which are only used within the buyers company) or with a Business License (also allows to implement the library into applications that are sold to the buyers clients). The lump-sum price for the library is 1950,- Euros for an Office License and 6000,- Euros for a Business License. For both licenses, no extra royalties per developers workstation or per sold copy apply.
MORE INFORMATION AND TRIAL VERSION The Document Transformer Library is a member of the PDF Xpansion SDK family (http://soft-xpansion.com/index.php?p=pdftech/pdflib) of developer libraries. Apart from the Document Transformer Library, this family also consists of developer tools for the integration of PDF, XPS, XFA, barcodes and digital signatures into software applications. A trial version of the Document Transformer Library is available. It has all functionality of the full version and may be used for an unlimited period of time. The only specific feature is that it automatically inserts a Soft Xpansion watermark into all files that are created and displayed.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS AND DEVELOPMENT PLATFORM The Document Transformer Library may be implemented in applications that run on Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008/2003 (32- and 64-bit versions each). The development platform may be C++, .NET, Delphi, C++ Builder or C. ActiveX and .NET controls are available as well.
ABOUT SOFT XPANSION Soft Xpansion is a globally active, international team of software authors, developers, screen designers, software engineers and product managers. The company was founded in 1995 and is headquartered in Bochum, Germany. In the past 16 years, more than 200 software products have been published in more than 200 different editions. The product range includes solutions (standard software, developer libraries, software development kits and individual programming) in the following areas: PDF technology, system utilities, document and database management. Localized versions of Soft Xpansion products are sold in Germany, Great Britain, France, Italy, USA, the Benelux countries, the Ukraine, Spain, Russia, Portugal, Australia and Turkey. Soft Xpansion is a full member of the PDF/A Competence Center, http://www.pdfa.org/doku.php?id=start:en. Press Release Distribution By PressReleasePoint