Edinburgh, Lothian United Kingdom (PressExposure) February 13, 2011 -- Swamp Soccer is a new and extreme form of football, where people play the game in up to two feet of swamp. The sport is popular because it is fun, unique and inclusive. The event provides an attractive option for people wishing to try something completely different. Annual tournaments now occur in Sweden, Iceland, Finland and of course the UK - where the Swamp Soccer World Cup is staged. The UK organisers will be holding their sixth consecutive annual tournament on 25th & 26th June this year, and the 2011 event will take place in the Scottish capital city of Edinburgh for the first time.
China is proving to be a tantalising prospect for many British exporters. China's growing middle class have an appetite for Western brands and new experiences.
Stewart Miller, the Managing Director of Swamp Soccer UK Ltd said "Swamp Soccer is a concept that will be popular in many international markets. We have developed international expansion plans and our top three targets are China, India and Australia. We have been working with our Chinese partner North Sports Ltd to introduce the first Swamp Soccer China event in August of this year. The tournament will take place in the Beijing Olympic Park, with the final taking place in the "Bird's Nest" stadium. We have also received some excellent support from Scottish Development International's office in Beijing, which we are very grateful for."
Beijing-based North Sports Ltd will deliver China's first Swamp Soccer tournament, with support from Swamp Soccer UK Ltd. Jaden Pan, Executive Director of North Sports Ltd said "Swamp Soccer is a new and exciting sport for Chinese people to embrace. We expect to attract over 50 participating teams in year one, and the media coverage will be very extensive. We already have the full support of the China Sports Programs Network (China's biggest sports television broadcaster) and Tencent (one of China's biggest IT companies)."
Notes to Editors
1. Swamp Soccer UK Ltd is the only commercial organisation with the goal of exporting Swamp Soccer to international markets.
2. The game was originally invented in Finland. Cross country skiers were training in the swamps during the summer months, to build up their fitness, when they decided to try football for a change.
3. For more information contact Stewart Miller, Swamp Soccer UK Ltd, by any of the following methods: email firstname.lastname@example.org ; Tel +44 (0)1381 621200; Mob +44 07774 926245
4. More information about Swamp Soccer can be accessed at http://www.swampsoccer.co.uk
5. For the rules of Swamp Soccer see [http://www.swampsoccer.co.uk/rules.html]
6. Swamp Soccer China's website is http://www.swampsoccer.co.uk