Palos Verdes Estates, California (PressExposure) September 13, 2011 -- Following a successful string of iPhone/ iPad hit apps, and innovative infrastructure platforms, The APP Company today released its most powerful tool yet; the Gameday Technology PlatformTM for college and professional teams and programs. The platform offers teams the ability to create apps that enhance every fan's game day experience, and allows organizations total control over flexibility, depth, and features.
"We are extremely excited about the potential of this platform," says Scot Robinson, President of The App Company. "College programs and professional sports organizations are always striving to make the game experience safe, convenient, and fun. With The APP Company's Gameday Technology Platform we have created the perfect vehicle to accomplish this goal."
The Gameday Technology Platform powers the official University of Southern California's (USC) Gameday APP which debuted opening day 2011 at the USC-Minnesota football game to an overwhelmingly positive response and reviews from fans, administrators, and the media.
"USC Athletic Director Pat Haden was keenly focused on doing everything is his power to provide a safe environment for his fans and to open the communication dialogue between staff and fans during the game. Our Alerts feature keeps fans fully informed of what's happening around the Los Angeles Coliseum with traffic, safety, game, and event information streaming through the USC Gameday APP," says Jason Moskowitz, The APP Company CEO.
The Gameday Technology Platform
The Gameday Technology Platform includes a comprehensive web-based Gameday Content Management SystemTM (GCMS). The GCMS has been developed in parallel with the Mobile App Platform Module. All aspects of the App can be controlled and managed directly from the web. Location coordinates, schedule data, video, images, roster data, and scores can all be controlled via the GCMS.
The USC Gameday App
The USC Gameday App launched prior to the opening day versus Minnesota has garnered great reaction from reviewers and fans. Noted features of the USC Gameday App include:
- Countdown to kickoff
- USC Football Schedule & Scores
- Game day related real time alerts (traffic, game info, tailgating, etc.)
- Live Stats
- Detailed Los Angeles Coliseum seating map with concession stands, restrooms, gate locations, and more!
- USC area map with parking lots, official USC events, restaurants, and more!
- FAQ section to answer all of the most asked game day questions
- Social Media Links (USC Blog, Twitter, Facebook)
- Safety Information
- USC Fan Shop
- USC Ticket Marketplace
- Gameday Seatview, see what it looks like to sit in any section of the Coliseum
- Live scores from around the country
- Send your location to anyone so they can find you