Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (PressExposure) May 04, 2008 -- On 13 May, the Keynote Speaker is Bryan Stirewalt, the newly appointed Director, Supervision at the Dubai Financial Services Authority. Mr Stirewalt has responsibility for co-ordinating DFSAâs efforts to combat money laundering and terrorist financing within the Dubai International Financial Centre.
Other speakers include Andrew Robbens of Schroders who will present a paper entitled âHow much trouble can your clients get you into?
Full details of The Financial Crime Forum Global KYC can be found at http://www.financialcrimeforum.com
or by telephoning The Anti Money Laundering Network's global response centre in Kuala Lumpur on +6 03 2078 9152
In The Financial Crime Forum's Global KYC event in Dubai on 12 and 13 May 2008, you will learn:
- When to do due diligence
- How to ask sensitive customers sensitive questions
- What information can you independently verify?
- What information is available from public sources?
- What proprietary information services can provide
- Once you have confirmed identity, how can you identify source of funds?
- Once you have confirmed source of funds, can you feel confident of future transactions?
- How can you monitor transactions in a small / medium sized entity
- Comparing risk management with compliance
- What sanctions apply to the customer?
- What sanctions apply to my company?
- How you can be bound by another country's sanctions.
- How you or your associates can be fined in the USA for supporting a boycott against Israeli goods and services?
- Consequences of failure of due diligence systems - case studies.
*Who Should Attend*
Directors of financial institutions Compliance teams Risk managers Internal auditors IT personnel Private Bankers / funds managers Sales and marketing teams