Houston, TX (PressExposure) July 01, 2011 -- Houston residents suffering from back strain now have a trusted back pain center to visit. The Spine Center has three locations in the greater Houston metro area with consultations in spine surgery and spine treatment.
Spine surgeon Dr. Saqib Siddiqui, who runs The Spine Center, has 5 years of orthopedic spinal surgery experience. He opened The Spine Center in Houston in 2007 to assist those with chronic and persistent back pain. He says there are five root causes of back pain that may later require spine surgery:
1. Ruptured Disc- a ruptured disc presses against spinal nerves, when this happens pain can result: leg pain, lower leg weakness and persistent back pain.
2. Spinal Stenosis- This conditions affects seniors over 50 as a result of aging. Nerves become compressed when the space around the spinal cord narrows causing chronic pain.
3. Discogenic Back Pain- lumbar disc degeneration is felt by many and diagnosed by a discogram test.
4. Spondylolisthesis- occurs when one vertebra displaces or overlaps another, again as a result of aging. Spondylolisthesis symptoms include sharp leg pains, leg muscle weakness, numbing.
5. Lumbar Muscle Strain- when lower back muscles are stretched or torn, a lumbar strain can occur. The most common cause of constant back pain, resulting from upper body muscle strain.
Dr. Siddiqui says his centers offer both spine surgery and non-surgical spine treatment options for those who don't require spine surgery. "About five percent of back pain suffers require spine surgery to alleviate their back pain. The other 90 percent can benefit from non-evasive back pain treatment through the care of a spine doctor".
There are several types of back pine treatment available through The Spine Center including injections, joint and nerve root blocks, lumbar stabilization and physical therapy. A spine doctor will provide the correct and best treatment for you based on your back pain and physical activity.
While many prefer to avoid spine surgery altogether, there are actually some forms of minimally-invasive surgeries that can be performed to alleviate chronic back pain. The Spine Center specializes in some of these types including: AxiaLIF Trans Sacral Fusion, XLIF Extreme Lateral Fusion, Percutaneous Lumbar Pedicle Screws and SI Joint Fusion.
Dr. Siddiqui will also start performing a new procedure to treat the sacroiliac (SI) joint, using a cutting edge technology called iFuse Implant System which accomplishes the goal of traditional open SI joint fusion through a minimally invasive surgical approach.
Whatever your spine surgery needs, Siddiqui and his qualified staff at The Spine Center will assist you in providing a healthy and long-lasting treatment that your back can enjoy for years to come. For further information, please visit http://www.SurgicalSpineSolutions.com.