Mumbai, India (PressExposure) July 25, 2011 -- The Consolidated financial performance highlights for the year ended 30th June, 2011, are as follows -
SIL's, Total Income and Operating Profit for the year amounted to
Rs. 2469.46 crores and Rs. 357.39 crores, as compared to Rs. 2016.16 crores and Rs. 298.68 crores, for the previous year, recording an increase of 22.48% and 19.66% respectively.
The Profit before Tax and Profit after Tax, for the year amounted to
Rs. 257.46 crores and Rs. 195.84 crores, as compared to Rs. 216.87 crores and Rs. 155.98 crores, for the previous year, recording an increase of 18.72% and 25.55% respectively.
The financial performance is summarized below -
(Rs. in crores)
Particulars Financial Results for the year ended 30th June 2011
2011 2010 Change (%)
Total Income 2469.46 2016.16 22.48%
Operating Profit (PBDIT) 357.39 298.68 19.66%
Cash Profit (PAT + D) 257.75 208.92 23.37%
Profit Before Tax 257.46 216.87 18.72%
Net Profit 195.84 155.98 25.55%
The Board of Directors has recommended payment of Final Dividend @ 150%
(Rs. 3/- per Share) on 12,70,26,870 Nos. of Equity Shares of Rs. 2/- (F.V.) each, which together with Interim Dividend of 65% i.e. Rs. 1.30 per equity share and tax on distribution of Dividend will absorb a sum of Rs 63.55 Crores as against Rs. 53.37 Crores in previous year.
Mr. M. P. Taparia, Managing Director, The Supreme Industries Limited, said:
1. The growth in the Product segments of the Company have been as under :-
(i) Plastic piping system business grew by 16% in volume and 24% in value terms.
(ii) Packaging Product Segment grew by 23% in volume and 27% in value terms.
(iii) Industrial Products segment grew by 17% in volume and 29% in value terms.
(iv) Consumer Product segment grew by 24% in value and 11% in volume terms.
2. The Return on Capital Employed during the year is 39.80% as against 38.10%. The Return on Net Worth (Pre-tax) is 60.70% as against 66.40%.
3. The overall Sales in the Value added products has gone up to 29.30% of the Total Sales as against 25.50% in the last year.
4. The Company has incurred Capital Expenditure of Rs.258 Crores during the year for augmenting the capacities, range of products in the various Product segments apart from putting up new manufacturing facility at Sriperumbudur near Chennai for Industrial Components.
5. The significant events in the last year are as under :-
(i) Agreement with Technical Collaborator of XF Films has been extended upto 2025 and exclusive rights to manufacture and sell XF products now also includes entire South East Asia and whole of Africa.
(ii) Opening of "Knowledge Centre" at Gadegaon makes Company unique in terms of product display, product application lab and plumbers training centre.
(iii) The Company bagged an order to manufacture and supply parts for complete plastic body for washing machine 'Radiance' from Whirlpool.
(iv) Production of 'Tata Swach' water purifier now also extended to Noida, Durgapur and Gadegaon plants.
(v) The Company has signed Technical Tie up arrangement with Industrie Polieco of Italy for sewerage System
(vi) The Company is foraying into Composites and it is at an advance stage to put up mfg. facility for Composite Gas cylinders at Halol (Gujrat).
(vii) "Supreme Chambers" having saleable area of about 2.75 lacs sq. ft. is ready for possession and Occupation Certificate received from Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai. The Company has till now sold about 40,000 sq. ft. and has realized Rs. 60.20 crores therefrom.
6. The overall growth prospects are as under :-
(i) It is forecasted that the current consumption of plastics in India, which was around 8 million tons in the financial year 2011, will reach to 20 million tons by the financial year 2020.
(ii) The Indian economy GDP may cross $ 5 Trillion annually by 2020 from the current level of $ 1.5 Trillion. Consequently, per capita GDP will also grow. The increased per capita income augments discretionary spending capacity of Indians. This will be translated into increased consumption of Plastics in the country.
(iii) There are foreign companies putting up plants in India to manufacture goods not only for supplying to Indian market but also using the country as their export manufacturing hub. This will also facilitate larger consumption of Plastics. Your Company, thus will be able to participate in newer growth impulses.
7. The Company has chalked out Capital Expenditure (Capex) Plan of Rs.1,000 Crores over a period of 5 years from 2010-11 to 2014-15 across all the Products to tap the growth opportunities and to keep the pace of growth momentum, so as to achieve desired CAGR of around 20% on y-o-y basis.