Navi Mumbai, India (PressExposure) April 06, 2012 -- The report on "The US Nutritional and Dietary Supplements Market and Forecast to 2016" provides extensive information on different types of health supplements demand trends and reasons for change. It also discuses performance of industry segments such as vitamins, minerals, herbal supplements, sports nutrition and whey supplements. The report talks about various factors driving growth in the industry and at the same time impact of macro economy factors over the industry performance. We have also covered industry regulations, M&A's and major player's performance. http://bharatbook.com/market-research-reports/healthcare-market-research-report/the-us-nutritional-and-dietary-supplements-market-and-forecast-to-2016-edition-2012.html
The nature of the industry is fragmented and uses various sources to make it available to the final consumers, such as - supermarkets, medical stores, specialty outlets and mail order companies promoting products through TV channels. Also internet is contributing a major share in the growth of supplements demand. Sales of nutritional and dietary supplements (including sports nutrition) grew in 2010, with the highest growth registered in the conventional (food, drug and mass merchandisers/FDM) channel. Industry Analysis
Vitamins segment account for the largest source of revenue in the overall US dietary supplements industry. Calcium is one of the most on demand supplements in minerals category driven by women population, rising aging population, arthritis cases, osteoarthritis, bone fractures and other bone and joint diseases. The US sports supplement market is leading worldwide with 57% market share. This sector was affected by recent economic crisis when people preferred to manage funds rather than spending on gymnasiums or health clubs. Weight loss market registered a slow growth from 2009 to 2011 due to shift in demand from high cost weight management supplements to low cost meal replacements and diet plans.
* The US dietary supplements industry recorded a CAGR of 3.57% during the period 2003-2008.
* In 2011, the US nutrition and dietary supplements market reached USD ~ billion compared to USD ~ billion of 2010. When compared to 2009, fall in growth rate was recorded in 2010 & 2011.
* By 2016, nutrition and dietary supplement market retail sales is expected to cross USD ~ billion. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR 4.54% between 2011-2016 driven by sports nutrition and weight loss demand and multivitamins demand.
* Share of herbal supplements grew from 11.40% in 2010 to 11.70% in 2011. Meal replacement supplements demand is reflecting positive growth trend y/y and even post recession demand grew at 7.60% in 2011.
* The revenue generated from vitamin and mineral supplements category rose 9.78% in 2011 to USD ~ billion from USD ~ billion in 2010. The total revenue from vitamin and mineral category in the country is expected to grow at a 6 year CAGR of 6.23% from 2011 to 2016.
* In 2011, sales of vitamin D in the US rose 13.55% to USD ~ million relative to 2010 results
* In terms of retail sales by value, calcium market reached to USD ~ million in 2011 compared to USD ~ million in 2010 and hold 8.18% share in the overall nutritional and dietary supplements industry.
* Sports nutrition and weight loss (SNWL) segments together reached USD ~ billion in 2011 and is further expected to reached USD ~ billion by 2016. SNWL sale is expected to grow at a CAGR 11.68% between 2011-2016
For more information kindly visit :
The US Nutritional and Dietary Supplements Market and Forecast to 2016: Edition 2012
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Fax: + 91 22 27812290
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Sandhya3B