Yaroslavl, Russian Federation (PressExposure) August 12, 2008 -- Greatis Software (http://www.greatis.com) has issued a major update of UnHackMe, an excellent antirootkit software.
The main difference between UnHackMe and other antirootkit software is the detection method. UnHackMe tries to detect the hidden rookits by watching the computer from early study of the boot process till the normal Windows mode. Most modern antirookit programs try to detect the rookits when the rookit is already active. They use the very complex methods for detecting hooked system functions. But the rookit authors creates the new tricks and the process repeats.
1. Unique detection method. Antirootkits tries to detect rootkits in the Normal Windows mode. But if rootkit uses DKOM technology antirootkits have a lot of problems in detection. UnHackMe uses the weakness of rootkits. Rootkits need a way to auto start after rebooting a computer. UnHackMe traces the Windows startup process and detects kernel mode and user mode rootkits as well.
2. Safety. Antirookits often cause the BSOD during detection. Antirookit uses the kernel mode software and each error or incompatibility with hidden rootkit will cause immediate BSOD. Also antirootkit can conflict with installed legitimate device drivers on the user computer. There are a lot of computer configurations and the software authors could not test all for compatibility. UnHackMe uses the kernel drivers only for making snapshots of the system state and it is very stable.
3. Detection speed. Antirootkits need a lot of time to check all hard drives, memory and the registry. A user needs to start the programs manually. UnHackMe automatically detects for rootkits every boot. It takes about 2-7 seconds only.
4. Compatibility. UnHackMe is fully compatible with antiviral and antirootkit software. A user can use UnHackMe and other antiviral/antirootkit software at the same time.
5. Not only rootkit remover. UnHackMe removes Trojans/adware/spyware as well as rootkits.
UnHackMe works with all Microsoft Windows platforms: Windows 95/98, Windows ME, Windows NT4/2000/XP/Vista and makes maximum use of their powerful resources.
UnHackMe costs from $19.95 USD for a single license.
Fully functional versions of UnHackMe software is available for a 30-day evaluation from (http://www.unhackme.com).
Greatis Software can be contacted by: E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 1-419-735-3518 Phone: 1-206-202-4216
# # #
Greatis Software is a rapidly growing company based in Yaroslavl, Russia that has specialized for many years in system software development and programming components for developers.