Noida, India (PressExposure) February 29, 2012 -- Most IT help desk calls are clogged with requests of resetting user passwords or unlocking locked out user accounts. Organizations where the network is based on an Active Directory structure, admin personnel have the added responsibility of managing the entire Active Directory along with taking the requests of AD users. Keeping in mind the plight of Active Directory administrators Lepide Software Pvt. Ltd., has developed an expedient software to help AD users with self service activities so that simple tasks relating to their user accounts can be handled without depending on the administrator.
Hence, Lepide Active Directory Self Service (LADSS) is designed as a tool for AD users for performing tasks such as self service password reset, self service account unlock, self service password change and self service account updation.
This web based application is extremely secure and comes with two integrated consoles, for the AD administrator and the AD users respectively. While the administrative console lets the admin to keep full control over the operations performed by the Active Directory users, the User's console allows registered users to use the software and carry out self service password reset along with other tasks. Similar to an employee self service portal, Lepide Active Directory Self Service eliminates the user dependency on IT administrator and the support staff.
For more details about the features and functionalities of Lepide Active Directory Self Service, please visit http://www.selfservicepasswordreset.net
Some of the salient features of this wonderful software are mentioned below:
1. Enable Active Directory end users to carry out self service operation like self service password reset, account unlock and profile update.
2. This tool lets AD users to reset passwords and unlock accounts on behalf of their co-workers.
3. With LADSS users can reset passwords from anywhere in the network.
4. Ad users can change their passwords at next logon attempt.
5. The software comes with a web based interface for easy understanding.
6. Eliminates dependency on IT support staff.
7. Improves employee productivity as time consumed in raising support tickets and waiting for the task to be accomplished is reduced.
8. Safe and secure method of self service password reset as administrators can set predefined questions to validate use identity.
9. Software helps in password policy enforcement by allowing administrators to set default policy for the domain and configuring the mail server settings so as to track all the password and profile changes.
10. Fulfils compliance issues by recording each action in an audit log and generating standard management reports
Lepide Active Directory self service is available as a free trial version for quick download. The evaluation version lets administrators and users check the competency of this software before making the final purchase. In this version, a maximum of 50 licensed users can be registered to the console so that they can perform activities like self service password reset. However, to register more Active Directory users, one has to purchase the FULL version of the software.