Aklan, Philippines (PressExposure) December 07, 2009 -- Boracay Island Hotel â is inviting first time tourists to Boracay so they can experience the top 10 things every tourist should do when vacationing in Asiaâs premier beach playground.
Boracayâs popularity is due to its beautiful 4 km. stretch of powder-white sand lined with Coconut trees that seem to bend out of their way to provide shade to beachcombers. It is popularly known as âWhite Beachâ and within its confines you will find a long sandy promenade filled with Boracay beach hotel, restaurants serving various international cuisines, spas, trendy boutiques, craft shops, cozy beach bars, lively discos, sensuous massage centers and water sports outlets. Here is a list of the 10 things you should not miss on your first visit to Boracay:
1. Get a Boracay Tan â Grab your sun block and suntan lotion and head out to the beach for a quick tan. Get into the island vibe as quickly as possible.
2. Shop at the Talipapa in your bikini/speedo â It is an outdoor market where you can buy souvenirs, paintings, t-shirts, tie-dyed sarongs, etc. while still dripping wet from a quick dip at the beach.
3. A full day trip of picnicking and snorkeling around the island by local boat â Very popular among travelers and can be easily arranged. These trips usually include island hopping, a picnic lunch set in an isolated beach and a visit to the northern caves, home of the giant fruit bats and other sites of interest.
4. Try a new water sport â From the standard Jet ski, Hobie Cat Sailing, Dive Boracay and Windsurfing to the more extreme Wakeboarding, Parasailing, and Kite boarding.
5. Get into the island spirit by getting your hair braided into cornrows â You will find a lot of these artistic entrepreneurs at the Talipapa and DâMall.
6. Boracay Yachting â Tamarind is a 40 foot yacht stationed off Boracay Island. It is fully equipped to ensure ocean going safety and comfort for either day excursions or extended Philippine tours. It departs from Nigi NigiNu Noos Boracay Island Hotel at 11:00 a.m. and returns at Sunset with unlimited drinks, an alfresco lunch, snorkeling equipment and an opportunity to learn the basics of sailing.
7. Enjoy a cocktail or a fruit shake â The best time and place to do this is at the end of the day and watch the spectacular sunsets from Nigi Nigi Too Beachfront bar. They offer a large variety of tropical cocktails and refreshing juices and is a relaxing place to start your evening.
8. Fine Dining â Take advantage of the various international cuisines available in Boracay. Have a romantic, candle-lit dinner alone the beach if possible. 9. Massage and Spa â Get a relaxing massage right along the beach.
10. Take a stroll along the 4 km. white beach and bring a camera with you â You never know what interesting finds await you in this paradise island.
For more information about even more things to do in Boracay as a first timer, visit [http://www.boracayislandhotel.com/].