Boston, MA (PressExposure) October 27, 2008 -- Webb Dickson was recently interviewed where he responded to a news report of a recent dryer fire that took the life of a mother of four. The woman died after saving her two daughters. Her two boys were able to climb out a window and have neighbors call 911. Unfortunately, the woman was unable to escape before firefighters could respond. âDryer vent lint is very combustible and a fire will burn hot and spread quickly,â Webb explained. âI was very saddened by this news; this tragedy could have easily been prevented. Most people are not aware that their clothes dryer is more likely to cause a fire than their furnace or stove.â
Webb Dickson is the owner of Dryer Vent Wizard, a national dryer vent cleaning and repair company with over 50 franchises across the United States. They specialize in dryer vent cleaning, repairs, alterations and installations while educating consumers on dryer vent maintenance and fire prevention.
Webb Dickson said, âMy job is not complete until my customer understands how their dryer vent system works and how they can help to maintain it between my annual visits. Our primary goal is safety so when we arrive at the customerâs home, we will perform a 10 point inspection, including air flow and temperature measurements, to assess the current situation. We write up our findings and review them in depth with the customer to ensure that they understand what we found and what we propose be done,â Webb explained.
Webb concluded the interview by offering tips to prevent dryer fires and warning signs to look for. âThe obvious maintenance tip is keeping the lint screen clean between loads of laundry,â said Dickson. âItâs also very important to be sure the material used for the dryer vent system meets local codes and UL safety standards. If your clothes dryer is taking more than one cycle to dry a load of laundry, this is a serious warning sign. Most people think this is normal for older clothes dryers, but it is rarely a sign of a mechanical problem. Lint build-up causes reduced air flow, therefore, the heat and moisture is unable to escape to the vent outdoors, so the hot moist air remains in the dryer drum, causing the dryer to work harder and eventually overheat and cause a fire.â
Dryer Vent Wizard, Dry Clothes, Safe Homes, is an accredited member of the BBB and they support the National Fire Prevention Association. Each technician comes fully trained, and each van is stocked with the proper tools to solve any dryer vent problem from simple cleaning to installation of a complete new system. Visit http://www.massdryervent.com/ for more information and to order service.
Contact: Dryer Vent Wizard Webb Dickson Phone: 978-692-6396 Email: M-E-DryerVentWizard@comcast.net Website: http://www.massdryervent.com/ This press release was submitted by Right Now Marketing Group, LLC