What does the word Annunciate mean? How is it pronounced? What is its noun form? Is there any other word that most often comes in confusion as it is similar to this one? Where is this word used? What is the meaning and definition of annunciating? all of these questions are in your mind? But not able to find answers to these questions?
Well in this case today we are here to discuss all those things we have always wanted to know and were perplexed about. For this, all you have to do is hold on to this blog and scroll down to learn more about annunciating starting with the definition till the end
How is annunciate pronounced, and what is its form:
Annunciate ( pronounced as “uh-Nuhn-see-ate”). It is in a verb form. It means to announce something. It has a noun form and the noun form is annunciation, which has meaning as an announcement.
Let us discuss even more to understand this word :
- When you consider in the form of a proper noun, “the annunciation” in roman catholicism it is when it is said, to mary by the angel Gabriel appeared to her and told her that she would bear a baby, Jesus Christ, this particular incident or movement is captured in many European and other paintings, sculptures, and frescoes. From as soon as the 4th century till the reading renaissance.
- Annunciation is also called the annunciation to the blessed mary or the lord annunciation.
- In general, it means announcing something but when we consider this in Christianity, it means annunciation or announcement of Jesus Christ, incarnation by Gabriel angel to mary.
- When we try to look at various other meanings mentioned for the similarity or words included with it, we find words like the announcement, notice, proclamation, declaration, and knowledge.
- Often a question arises what did we learn from annunciation? What is it? It is very easy to remember that when because annunciation means announcement, from the writings of the bible, you see that angel Gabriel told Mary not to worry about anything and she also told her that she will be conceived with a baby and he will be called by a name Jesus Christ, here this was an announcement.
- When we hear the word Annunciation we often get confused with another word enunciate. Let us see what the word enunciate means.
These two words enunciate and Annunciate these are easily confused words.
The slip-up of these two words cannot be caught by spell-check application of most word processing software programs. Those words which are not in the dictionary and also words that resemble words in the dictionary, even autocorrect, suggest the words which have some kind of start and similarity. Let us see what is enunciated.
Enunciate (pronounced as “ih-Nuhn-see-ate”) is the form of a verb, the meaning of the word shows it is to speak with utmost clarity, saying each of the words slowly and pronouncing each syllable with full clarity.
To understand the word more clearly let us understand a couple of the things as follows
- If you are using a voice-command system and you are not able to hear the word for the first time and even can hear it after the third time also, Like FLO in a recent progressive insurance ad.
- It is a less familiar meaning of enunciating. I don’t see this used much, which means to proclaim, also declare. To understand both the words clearly and to see their usage correctly let us look into the story below, where both the words are used correctly and it goes like this:
Every week, annunciations over the PA system at school were asked to be read by a sixth-grader in the morning. This week’s turn was Thanks to reading the annunciations, and as it was his turn he became so nervous. He couldn’t read it out loud.
“If I read fast I don’t feel nervous maybe,” he thought, “I’ll just get it over with as soon as possible.”
So he took up the mic so he could race as fast as he could with words. He never cared if he couldn’t pronounce any word.
After reading a few sentences, the administrator of the office, Ms. Ruchi Sastry, who was listening, asked him to step away from the mic and told him to turn off the button.
“Thaksh, I want you to read a little slower and enunciate more so everyone who is listening can understand you. I’m not able to catch anything you are saying. Students have to know, This is very important for all the s. You need to try again. And in the beginning, we are first going to understand and go through the script and know how to use the words or pick easier ones. This was so embarrassing.
It was originally published on November 14, 2017, and taken from Kathleen W Curry’s article on these words.
From this story, we can see the usage of both worlds in which way they are used and how these words are correctly used. This stands as the perfect example. By this it must be very clear about the pronunciation, meaning, definition of the word annunciation and the difference between the most commonly confused words enunciate and annunciate.
Annunciation is in the form of a verb. It means to announce something. It has a noun form and the noun form is annunciation, which has meaning as an announcement. Christianity, means annunciation or announcement of Jesus Christ, incarnation by Gabriel angel to mary.
When the angel Gabriel told Mary not to worry about anything and she also told her that she will be conceived with a baby and he will be called by the name Jesus Christ, here this was an announcement.
There is one the most commonly confused words with annunciating is enunciate, which has a whole different meaning, it is to speak with utmost clarity, saying each of the words slowly and pronouncing each syllable with full clarity.